The latest figures on the UK public sector net borrowing from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) for the months April to September 2014 shows that the UK borrowed £58 billion, which is £5.4 billion more than at the same stage as last year.
Investment company UK equity income sector dividend increases beat inflation by more than 2% a year over 20 years
• Average annual dividend growth 5% per year, compared to 2.9% for RPI
• Capital value also up 122%
• AIC publishes new guide to income
With the cold months approaching and the Met Office predicting a wetter-than-normal winter, there will be many people turning their thoughts to that dream bolthole in the sun. And it appears that there are many already doing so
A new calypso themed UKIP supporting song has been aired criticising UK political leaders for allowing “illegal immigrants in every town”.
• Survey finds 39% of Brits concerned by money in fossil fuels. That’s more than the daily users of Facebook in the UK 
• 36%, more than 1 in 3, want banks to divest from fossil fuels 
• Move Your Money launches ‘Divest!’ campaign to put climate change banks on notice
As the European Commission concludes its consultation on biodiversity offsetting, almost 10,000 people and over 60 organisations have signed a letter  urging the Commission not to pursue policy related to biodiversity offsetting (BO). They fear it would “harm nature and people, and give power to those who destroy nature for private profit.”