The invention of the contraceptive pill for women is considered one of the most important developments in medicine of the 20th century.
Lifestyle & Travel
• 150 million customers over 20 years
• Year-on-year growth drives expansion to new routes
• One year to go until the e320 goes into commercial service
• Cost: The cheapest Heathrow proposal
• Noise: No significant new communities in noise footprint, early morning landings could move 2 miles west; potential curtailing of night quota flights and provision of respite periods
Gaming is booming and mobile gaming is booming – and they’re both set to boom a whole lot further yet.
OK – so tell us something we didn’t know!
UK’s top tourist attractions need to work harder on accessibility or risk losing out on vital income, warns disability charity Vitalise
• 50.4% of consumers won’t open their door to trick or treaters, with only 4.2% telling them to go away
• Brits are spending more this Halloween than 2013 with projected spending up 5.25% to £443m
• Halloween overshadows Bonfire Night, over half (52.9%) think that Bonfire Night is not as exciting as it once was
Laser eye surgery is now a very popular procedure in the UK with well in excess of 100,000 patients receiving treatment each year.
The UK’s various regional airports have allowed many people to experience foreign holidays without having to travel to London to catch a flight. As with many businesses today though, the UK’s regional airports are experiencing mixed fortunes in terms of passenger numbers and profits.
Survey reveals almost half of people with a partner believe they’d be wealthier alone
If you’ve ever told your other half that they’re more trouble than they’re worth, you may not have been entirely in the wrong.
Britons buy more cards for their pets than for their grandads
Sales of greetings cards sent to Britain’s pets are outselling cards to granddads by nearly a third, with 32.5% more cards for cats and dogs being sold compared to sales of greetings cards for grandfathers in the last year.
Tobago could soon become the next big destination in the Caribbean as this undiscovered tropical estate goes on the market.
Win an action-packed 7-day full board holiday to Essaouira, where watersports are a way of life!