The latest figures on the UK public sector net borrowing from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) for the months April to September 2014 shows that the UK borrowed £58 billion, which is £5.4 billion more than at the same stage as last year.
Investement company UK equity income sector dividend increases beat inflation by more than 2% a year over 20 years
• Average annual dividend growth 5% per year, compared to 2.9% for RPI
• Capital value also up 122%
• AIC publishes new guide to income
Commenting on how conditions are in place to support the US consumer but there are still concerns over the impact of external disinflationary forces in the Eurozone and Japan on US growth, Michael Stanes, Investment Director at Heartwood Investment Management said:
Chatham House conference – Regulatory reform and returns in banking – Speech by Jon Cunliffe, Deputy Governor, Financial Stability
The Council of mortgage Lenders (CML) has estimated that the gross mortgage lending for September reached £17.8 billion.
Last week global financial markets had a rather volatile period which was heavily caused by the concerns about the global economy, followed by new cases of Ebola outbreak in the US and Europe, falling oil prices and weak economic announcements.
A major loophole in the UK’s criminal records checking system means that IT staff, including those working in critical functions within financial services firms are not permitted to be vetted for fraud
Pension pots will run dry after just five years at current rate of saving
• Savers say they need £23,457 per year as a comfortable retirement income;
• UK pension funds could only support that income for five years;
• Average pensions pot would only pay out £6,011 per year in today’s money.
• Survey finds 39% of Brits concerned by money in fossil fuels. That’s more than the daily users of Facebook in the UK 
• 36%, more than 1 in 3, want banks to divest from fossil fuels 
• Move Your Money launches ‘Divest!’ campaign to put climate change banks on notice
• Eight regions of the UK saw rental price falls during September 2014, while four saw increases
• Average monthly private rents in the UK (excluding London) now £728
• Average monthly private rent in London now £1,466
The number of officers at public-sector prisons in England and Wales has been cut by 41 per cent in less than four years, figures obtained by the Howard League for Penal Reform reveal today (Monday 20 October).
HMRC now also targeting employment intermediaries
HMRC’s yield from tax investigations into the construction sector jumped by 7% to a record £131 million last year*, up from £122 million the year before, says NoPalaver Group, a leading provider of accounting services to contractors.