Don't Get Angry, Get Even!
Tax Payers Alliance: MPs' Expenses: Help us hold them to account!
I signed the TPA's petition and have just received the following e-mail regarding their campaign for justice. Co-ordinated opposition to corruption is the best step forward so if anyone would like to 'help' I attach their links:
MPs' Expenses: Help us hold them to account:
I'm writing to you to thank you for signing the petition that the TaxPayers' Alliance and Heather Brooke jointly launched a month ago to press for full transparency in MPs' expenses. Your support for the campaign to find out exactly how our elected representatives have been spending our money is very much appreciated. I'm pleased to say that we are making progress, but there are several ways that you can help to keep up the pressure for full transparency.
As you will have seen, today Parliament has released partial details of MPs' expenses, but the crucial second home addresses remain secret. We will of course continue to campaign for the publication of second home addresses, but in the meantime we need your help to scrutinise the information that has been released. While the Daily Telegraph has done a great service to us all, it has only published information about a minority of MPs. With your help, we can ensure that every MPs' expenses are properly scrutinised.
What to do?
1) Please follow this link to access the expenses details .
2) Pick an MP. Please start with your local MP, no matter how obscure they are – this will help us to cover the greatest range of Parliamentarians.
3) Scrutinise all of the available documents. Three types of expenses details have been released: The Additional Costs Allowance (second homes), the Incidental Expenses Provision (office costs) and the Communications Allowance (a Â£10,000 fund for "communicating" with or propagandising constituents).
4) Please note any absurd, dubious, petty, greedy or amusing claim, noting the link to the relevant document and the page the claim appears on. Secretive MPs, such as those who have blacked out the details of what they have claimed for, are also of interest.
5) Please send your observations to us as a response to this email.
Inquiry Submission: You may also be interested to know that we have made a detailed and comprehensive submission to the new inquiry into MPs' expenses, led by Sir Christopher Kelly. We have reccomended a system that is totally transparent, far more strict and fully accountable to the people in order to clean up Parliament and prevent this situation ever occurring again. The full TaxPayers' Alliance submission can be at – www.taxpayersalliance.com/CSPLInquirySubmission.pdf.
Bring them to Justice: The TaxPayers' Alliance has also started proceedings for a private prosecution of a number of MPs who may have broken the Fraud Act 2006. Unfortunately, it seems that the Police and the Crown Prosecution Service are dragging their heels and seem unwilling to commence proper investigations into politicians' expenses, despite official complaints from ourselves and other members of the public. You can read more about our campaign to Bring them to Justice here – http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/campaign/2009/06/private-prosecution-gets-into-gear.html.
Following this email, you will start to receive weekly updates by email about the TPA's ongoing campaign. If you would not like to receive such emails, please respond to this message and we will remove your email address from the list.
Thank you for your support,
The TaxPayers' Alliance END QUOTE