Find Your Perfect Job Here
Trainee Production Operator
Location: Zotefoams Croydon
Job type: Full time
Shift pattern details: 12-hour continental shift pattern, rotating days and nights, on average 42 hours p/w, working 14 days on a 28-day rotation.
Salary: Starting £21,000 increasing to approximately £27,000 (subject to completion of a 12-month training programme)
Benefits: Generous annual leave, on-site parking, employed status, life insurance cover and access to the following:
Employee assistance programme
Company pension, share incentive and reward schemes
Zotefoams plc. is a world leader in cellular material technology. Using a unique manufacturing process with environmentally friendly nitrogen expansion, Zotefoams produces lightweight foams in Croydon (UK) and Kentucky (US) that are used widely in many applications including aircraft, the automotive industry and leading sportswear brands.
The company is seeking to recruit Trainee Production Operators to work on a full time, permanent basis. There are opportunities for excellent candidates to progress within the company.
• Report all unsafe equipment and practices to the Production Manager
• Undertake work in line with all current practices, procedures and specifications relating to that specific process/section
• Ensure handover to the next shift is conducted in an orderly manner and in line with current procedures and practices
• Monitor the performance of all equipment and products in the sections and ensure they all comply with current technical specifications and procedures
• Inform the Production Manager of any equipment failure and non-conforming products
• Report any problems experienced during the operation
• Carry out any additional duties as required
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Personal Qualities
• Able to carry out heavy manual handling tasks on a repetitive basis in a manufacturing environment
• Good standard of general education, including literacy and numeracy
• Good standard of English, both written and oral
• The ability to work in a safe and tidy manner at all times
•The ability to quickly gain a clear understanding of the basic operation and of the technologies used
• Able to interpret instrument readings and understand equipment malfunctions so as to be able to take correction actions when necessary
• Experience of working in both a manufacturing and factory environment
Other information Zotefoams is based on the A236 between Mitcham and Croydon. It is served by regular bus and tram services connecting to Wimbledon, Croydon, East Croydon, Morden, Mitcham Junction, Tooting and Tooting Broadway.
You may have experience of the following: Trainee Production Operator, Production Operative, Trainee Machine Operator, Production Assistant, Operator, Support Technician, Production Engineer, Machinist, Technical Operator, Packer, Trainee, Graduate, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by Zotefoams' resourcing partner Easy Web Recruitment. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.