• High growth private companies from across Europe invited to join exclusive programme
• ELITE fast-tracks the development of businesses giving them access to advisors, investment and education
• More than 200 companies in Italy and the UK already ELITE businesses
London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) today announces that it is to extend ELITE, its pioneering programme for high growth private companies, to businesses across Europe.
The enlarged programme, already home to over 200 Italian and UK companies, will be deeply rooted in each domestic European market, through partnerships with local institutions including blue chip advisers, investors and stakeholders.
Speaking from the European Parliament launch event, Xavier Rolet, CEO, LSEG said:
“Europe’s economy has all the right ingredients to generate significant and sustainable economic growth: a strong entrepreneurial culture, world class universities, an abundance of risk-capital seeking investment opportunities and the financial institutions in place to support growth. Our aim with ELITE is to bring these elements together in a concentrated and open access format, helping to fast-track the development and capital raising process for the best and brightest of Europe’s high growth private companies.
“Launching the programme today, we are urging all ambitious CEOs and management teams from across Europe to find out more about how the tools and advice that ELITE provides could help grow their businesses. There are potentially thousands of European companies that could benefit from ELITE.”
Daniel Calleja Crespo, Director-General of DG Enterprise and Industry and Special Envoy for SMEs said:
“Building and providing access to a fully joined up funding ladder, from early stage venture capital to IPOs, for Europe’s ambitious and most dynamic SMEs is an opportunity to assist these vital companies in creating the innovation, economic and jobs growth that Europe needs.”
The launch event, held today at the European Parliament featured speeches from:
- Daniel Calleja Crespo, Director – General of DG Enterprise and Industry and Special Envoy for SMEs
- Neena Gill MEP, Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee, European Parliament
- Alessia Mosca MEP, Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee, European Parliament
- James Watson, Director of Economics Department, BUSINESSEUROPE
- Candace Johnson, President of European Business Angels Network
- Alberto Baban, Chairman of Tapì (an ELITE company) and President of Confindustria SME
- Mary McCall, Founder & Managing Director at TreatTicket (an ELITE company)
- Raffaele Jerusalmi, Director of Capital Markets London Stock Exchange Group & CEO Borsa Italiana
ELITE offers an innovative approach to business development, including a training programme, an online working zone supported by a tutorship model and direct access to the financial community through dedicated digital community facilities.
In keeping with LSEG’s Open Access policy, ELITE offers companies introductions to all financing options, including Private Equity and Venture Capital, debt products as well as stock market listings. The programme’s long term goal is to help build a truly joined up, pan-European funding ladder for ambitious, growing businesses.
The ELITE community today includes than 150 advisers and investors and as part of their journey through ELITE, management teams will be guided on how to adapt and shape their businesses for further long-term growth and how to increase their visibility and attractiveness to potential investors. First launched in Italy in 2012 and the UK in 2014, there are now over 200 companies that have joined the programme.
For advisers, investors and academics the ELITE programme presents a screened pool of exciting, dynamic companies and entrepreneurs open to advice, opportunities and connections that the programme is designed to provide.
To find out more about the programme: www.elite-growth.com