Michel Barnier By The Jacques Delors Institute (CC-BY-2.0)
Daily Brexit Update: Wednesday 11th July 2018
The EU chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier said in New York yesterday that a Brexit deal was 80% complete says the Guardian. He also said that he was determined to get the remaining 20% completed too. This seems to be a change in the recent mood music.
But Bloomberg has a different take on Barnier saying that he has cast doubt on Theresa May's plans.
And Michael Gove thinks it's a great plan, which he is behind 100%.
However, two Tory MPs have resigned from vice chairmanship of committees over Theresa May's Chequers proposals. Maria Caulfield, was the Tory Party Vice Chairman for Women, and Ben Bradley was the vice chair of the party.
NEW Bradley Resignation letter pic.twitter.com/5IA3593tKf
— Carl Dinnen (@carldinnen) July 10, 2018
The Tory MEP Dan Hannan thinks a point may come where leaving without a deal would be better than accepting a 'humiliating' deal:
"I can live with the idea of some alignment of goods," says Conservative MEP Daniel Hannan but he says he's worried that the point will come where it's better to leave without a deal than to accept "humiliating terms" @DanielJHannan | #newsnight pic.twitter.com/fl4YbHjLSB
— BBC Newsnight (@BBCNewsnight) July 10, 2018
Theresa May thought she was out of the woods, but it looks like all she's done is entered a forest! Patrick O'Flynn thinks she may be in trouble:
I may be wrong but I think the polls are about to pick up a very major decline in Tory vote share and this will cause Tory MPs to dump May.
— Patrick O'Flynn (@oflynnmep) July 10, 2018
And the UKIP leader, Gerard Batten thinks the BBC is after him:
A little bird told me that BBC2's Newsnight is planning a hatchet job about me, UKIP, & Tommy Robinson. The MSM know that UKIP is reviving so they have to attack. Members & money flooding in, & we are rising in the polls. So bring it on Newsnight, & watch our fortunes rise. pic.twitter.com/VFS7evIpos
— Gerard Batten MEP (@GerardBattenMEP) July 10, 2018
And finally John Cleese is moving to 'one of the nicest island' he has been to because he is fed up over the lies on both sides of the Brexit debate and really fed up with the press he told Emily Maitlis on BBC Newsnight.