When getting into a legal dispute many people do not know that the number one law court approved process to resolve that dispute is mediation.
In the video below Russell Evans, a mediator, takes us through the process and surrounding issues.
He covers the following areas:
• What mediation is
• What happens in mediation
• The benefits of mediation
• Why you should consider using mediation
• When mediation can be used
• What types of cases are suitable
• How and where you can find out more
In summary, mediation is:
• Private and confidential (unlike a court) and conducted by a legally trained, qualified and accredited mediation specialist
• Conducted in a manner to
· explore legal and personal issues
· open up communication between parties
· break down barriers that may have built up
· build bridges
· discuss and resolve the issues
• The whole process is focussed on dispute resolution.